All roles are open to anyone in the community, and no experience is necessary to audition.
- Auditions are traditionally held on two dates, When necessary, a call back date will follow. Appointments are usually not required, you'll get signed in when you arrive. Please check each play's specific audition notes carefully.
- Auditions are held in the lounge or in the
- Approximate age ranges of the characters will usually be listed, but it’s always a good idea to check out the script so you can get a feel for the characters.
- All audition material is provided and will be available at the auditions.
- Generally, you will be asked to read pages from the script in front of the director, the stage manager, and another reader.
- You may download this fillable/saveable audition form to prepare ahead of time:
SLP Audition Form
THINGS MY MOTHER
Katherine De Savino
A funny and heartwarming comedy
Olivia and Gabe are moving into their first apartment together. They’ve driven halfway across the
country to start their new life in Chicago. Can a two bedroom apartment contain all of the love,
laughs, worry and wisdom when both sets of parents show up to help? A funny and touching generational look at relationships.
Play runs May 22 – June 2, 2019
St. Luke’s Hall,
3821 Cedar Hill Cross Road
Sunday, March 10 2-4 pm or
Tuesday, March 12 2019 7-9 pm
Callbacks, if necessary, Sun, March 17 at 7 pm.
First read-through Wednesday, April 1st.
Rehearsals are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with some exceptions 7-10 pm
No appointments are necessary, just show up promptly at the start time. The audition will be comprised of selected readings from the script.
Please contact the director if you cannot attend auditions on these dates.
Penelope Harwood email@example.com
mid to late twenties. Energetic, joyful, wears her emotions on her face.
late twenties to early thirties. Calm, practical, lots of energy. Gabe and Olivia are moving in together for the first time.
sixty to seventy. Retired psychologist, well-dressed, slightly hysterical.
same age range. Easy going, conservative, loves beer and golf.
sixty to seventy. Also well-dressed, well educated.
same age range. Never without his iPhone, gets along with everyone.
– building superintendent: loves Vodka, may have Polish ancestry